Skip to main content

Valuable lesson - tip to survive in the office

Bismillahirahmannirahim.

Along the years while I am working for someone, one tip that I always hold until now is

  • know your boss/supervisor/manager
  • know their style
  • know their standard 
  • know what they want
Believe it or not, by knowing all this or maybe more than this will help you to achieve more in your work. It is not only it helps you to know your boss but then you will be more aware people around you. Because you will know what to expect from them, and once you know what to expect, you need to have plans to counter their action which not along your plan. This in order for you to not playing blaming games. This tip is good for people who start working in every aspect of environment. Let me give you example/story for you to agree or disagree with my tip.

Story 1
This is where I learn that knowing your boss style will save a lot of your time and energy. Years ago I am working at kindergarten where me and this colleague of mine with SPM holder is doing fitting for future student that time. A clear instruction I heard was let the kid try the uniform, then when the kid was settled, the colleague told me that put those shoes also, knowing our lady boss pattern, she will ask to try this also. Indeed it is true that while we ask the kid to put those shoes in, we heard another voice asking us to do so. Isn't it  really save us the energy and time and also our heart feelings? Just a simple understanding being highlight by my colleague of mine I really feel it is a good advice.

Story 2
Later after that, I was working with a male manager that he always looks for standard. Whenever he found our mistake, he will say that why there are no standard! He is the type don't care about wasting. Please redo on new paper when he found a small mistakes. The good things about his standard is, we always do our job up to the standard, and we learn that don't let people find our mistake. Even my other colleague knew our manager standard that we always remember what his requirement because if we paste anything that not up to his standard he will ask us to redo! Phew... but working with him make me learn a lot of things.

Story 3
It is crucial that when your boss has a pattern that will caused you to taking for granted. Like this lady manager of mine which replaced our male manager. She seldom monitoring my work. But I never taking for granted for her lack of supervision but I am still glad that I can do my work freely with nobody push so hard and I still able complete my work. I know how her style is, but because of I am to comfortable with my earlier manager style and seriously speaking that I could not catch up her style. Means I am having trouble on changing. Her style is last minute, because this lady boss of mine have focus on each issues. She can foreseeing each of problems happened and she wanted to avoid and counter it. While she settled each of this issues, and suddenly one of the issues were falls under my JD, all of my works that time will need to be on hold. Working with her, needs a lot of preparation which I really could not cope. But she is not the reason I leave because knowing her style, she always helping us to solve our problem before it became shitter

Story 4
Working with my sister who is controlling everything even I am the lady boss of one of the place. Understanding how she giving promises, how she telling others and how she works. Can really avoid me to have hurt feelings. 

Like I told you earlier, understanding how people surrounding working style can really help you a lot. Counter it, not just let it happened if you want to succeed. This people may push you up or pull you down. You have your own choice. 

Thank you for your time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCAM: Cabutan Bertuah daripada MAXIS

Asssalamualaikum, Hari ni lisa nak cerita, beberapa minggu yang lepas lisa dapat call daripada Indonesia . Macam mana Lisa tahu daripada Indonesia? Sebab Iphone keluar situ Indonesia. Lisa pun angkat lah. Kenapa Lisa angkat? Sebab Lisa pernah dapat panggilan kerja daripada Singapore tapi based di Malaysia. Jadi Lisa pun angkat lah. Perbualan Lisa dan Si Pemanggil: Si Pemanggil : Hello, Puan Fadzlisa. Saya menelefon daripada Maxis Kuala Lumpur. (aku dah pelik sebab Iphone ku keluar dan tulis no Indonesia). Maxis telah melakukan cabutan nombor telefon dan nombor puan telah dipilih. Puan berjaya memenangi RM9,000.00. Boleh saya dapatkan no akaun dan bank puan untuk kami bank in kan kepada puan? Lisa : Oh yeke? No akaun saya? Boleh tak awak emelkan kepada saya details dan saya akan reply emel tersebut. Si Pemanggil : Emel? Lisa : Iya, emel.. saya bagi emel add saya.. nanti saya reply. Si Pemanggil : Sekejap ya puan, saya cek.. Talian terus terputus.. Ko rasa??? T

Tefal Iron Problem (Troubleshoot)

Time tengah Movement Control Order (MCO) nie, mungkin ada yang settle all the outstanding work especially ironing. Sejenis aku nie, aku akan siap siap iron, so apabila nak pakai baju tu, aku ambil je terus. So, recently, aku banyak on hold iron baju sekolah anak, baju kerja and so on. So time nie lah, u olls boleh catch up all the outstanding work. Aku guna iron brand Tefal and aku recommended this brand especially this model. I've been using it for few years. Aku terjebak dengan iron nie sebab I can not afford to purchase phillips steam iron yg viral tu. Kebetulan plak Tefal buat sale kat SACC and harga dia jauh sangat murah kalau kau bandingkan dengan harga dia buat sale biasa. Model nie sangat bagus sebab permukaan dia yg tak menghangus kain kite kalau overheat , permukaan tak tercalar kalau iron button , ada  safe mode kalau kau lupa nak off, and of course steam iron! So, sekarang nie mungkin kau tertanya, apa masalah pulak yang aku cakap? Sebenarmya dah 2 k

Company Annual Dinner: Rock and Roll Theme (50's)

Bismillahirahmanirahim, Assalamulaikum.. Minggu lepas Jumaat, company buat annual dinner sebaik sahaja dapat bonus. Huhuhu..bagus betul strateginya. Tahun lepas, lepas gaji. hehehe.. Kali ni Lisa tak da cerita banyak, biarlah gambar berbicara. Sebab sis struggle nak cari baju untuk tema kali ini. Sis bukan fashionista and not very good in mix and match. Tapi its okay, kawan Lisa ada yang fashionista, she did it very well. Tema tahun ini: Rock and Roll in 50's Kalau kita google: Pada hari tersebut Perbualan Lisa dengan big boss masa terserempak kat lift: Big Boss: Is this your definition of rock and roll. Me: I guess so. Big Boss: I thought the rock and roll theme is something in Saloma and P Ramlee time. Me: That time most of it sexy sexy boss, quite hard la to follow the theme.. Big Boss: Yalor2.  Then Big boss kena panggil untuk daftar..  Kesimpulan Lisa nak cakap, tema nie memang susah sikit nak cari baju yang comply sharia